- Centrin Wuhan Data Center, planned 225MW, first phase 70MW facility located in Wuhan City.
- Centrin Kunshan Data Center, 192MW facility located in Kunshan City.
- Centrin Data is a leading professional data center operation service provider and financial customer data center provider.
- SpaceDC is a data center provider building a platform of assets throughout Asia.
8 February 2022 – China, Singapore — SpaceDC, a Singapore based visionary data center provider, is partnering with Centrin Data, a nationwide Tier IV design data centers and network provider in China. The partnership sees both companies working together to sell Centrin Data’s data centers and services in China including their Wuhan and Kunshan data centers which have a strong financial customer base.
China remains a highly investable market for many financial services industries, having seen their biggest growth in China in 2021, as stated in the Goldman Sachs report, Global Marco Research.
With a total area of 165,744m2, Centrin Data Kunshan facility provides its own 220KV substation and won the 2020 National Green Data Center and Carbon Neutral Innovator Award. With an average annual design of PUE ≤1.3, their hyperscale design delivers a capacity of up to 32,000 racks. The facility’s extensive range of certifications includes Uptime Tier IV and Uptime M&O.
Covering a total area of 206,532.41m2 and capacity of up to 40,000 racks, Centrin Data Wuhan data center campus has an annual average of PUE <1.4 and is the only facility in Hubei province to be awarded Uptime Tier IV certification. A two stage development with a projected total capacity of 225MW with the first phase comprising of 70MW.
“Our data centers are strategically located and specifically designed with high security and rich network connections with a particular focus for the financial services customers.” commented Yang Yu, CEO for Centrin Data. “SpaceDC and Centrin Data will have a long and prosperous partnership as our companies share a common vision for our customers globally.”
“With China opening the borders to foreign financial institutions, our customers are asking for an experienced data center operator in key cities like Wuhan and Kunshan,” commented Jeffrey Tay, EVP of Strategic Partnerships for SpaceDC. “A reputation for resilient facility with high security protocols for the financial services sector, Centrin Data more than delivers what our customers are looking for.”
“This is a natural progression for our data center platform as we provide robust and resilient spaces for our customers to grow. China and these cities in particular, we continue to see an increase in demand. Centrin Data was a natural and proven choice,” commented Carolyn Harrington, Chief Operating Officer for SpaceDC.
Notes to editors:
- Centrin Wuhan Data Center is a super large data center park in central China, covering a total area of 206,532.41㎡, with a construction area of about 500,000m2 across 3x 5-story and 4x 6-story independent buildings. The total planned construction of 40,000 racks, installed capacity of 480,000 servers, and annual average PUE < 1.4. Uptime Institute Tier-IV,GB50174-2017-A, Hubei province and Wuhan major construction projects identified.
- Centrin Kunshan Data Center is a super large data center park in East China, covering an area of 165,744㎡, with a total planned construction area of about 300,000m2 across 1x 5-story and 4x 6-story independent buildings. The campus has built its own 220kV substation with 600MW power capacity and 192MW IT power with an annual average PUE≤1.3.
- For further details and our facility data sheet, click here.